Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Say Merry Christmas or I'll Hit You, Heathen!!!


Christian Woman Allegedly Punched Salvation Army Volunteer for Saying 'Happy Holidays' Instead of Merry Christmas

The assaulter wanted the volunteer to say "Merry Christmas."
Photo Credit: yaskii/shutterstock.com
 
A Phoenix woman ringing bells for the Salvation Army was hit after she told a shopper “Happy Holidays” instead of “Merry Christmas.   ABC 15 reports that Kristina Vindiola was hit outside a Walmart.
"The lady looked at me.  I thought she was going to put money in the kettle. She came up to me and said, 'Do you believe in God?' And she says, ‘You're supposed to say Merry Christmas,' and that's when she hit me,” Vindiola told the news outlet.  Vindiola added that the woman went inside to Walmart, and that the police were called.
The Salvation Army volunteer wants to take legal action.  The police said that there wasn’t enough evidence to arrest the woman who hit Vindiola.  
Some shoppers told ABC that they could understand being offended by the words "Happy Holidays."  
"I'm a Christian, and that is what it means to me, you know it's a celebration of Christ's birth," one person said.
Alex Kane is AlterNet's New York-based World editor, and an assistant editor for Mondoweiss. Follow him on Twitter @alexbkane.

No comments:

Post a Comment