The 20 Wackiest Sex Laws in the United States
December 18, 2013
Derived from a number of credible legal sources, here are the top 20 wackiest sex regulations you’ve ever heard!
1. NEBRASKA: If you have gonorrhea you are not allowed to get married.
2. WASHINGTON: If you give a sex worker a ride to work, you lose your car.
3. UTAH: No marrying your first cousin…until you’re 65 years of age.
4. CALIFORNIA: It is illegal to sell stuffed items resembling breasts within 1000 feet of a highway.
5. TEXAS: You can’t own more than six dildos.
6. MISSISSIPPI: You cannot explain polygamy to anyone, period!
7. NORTH CAROLINA: You can’t pretend to be married to share a hotel room.
8. VIRGINIA: Obscenity is a bigger crime if you use a computer. What the?
9. NEW HAMPSHIRE: No hanging lingerie on a clothes line near the airport.
10. OKLAHOMA: Bar owners must not allow simulated animal sex.
11. ALASKA: Moose are banned from having sex on city streets. Thanks for clearing that one up!
12. ILLINOIS: If you sell a reptile, you must give a written warning not to “nuzzle or kiss them”.
13. INDIANA: It is illegal for a man to be sexually aroused in public.
14. LOUISIANA: Necrophilia (sexual attraction to corpses or sex with dead people) is legal.
15. IOWA: Kisses may not last for more than five minutes.
16. MICHIGAN: Low riding pants that expose underwear are a Class B offense. But if they expose “butt cleavage” they’re a Class A offense.
17. KANSAS: Illegal ‘sodomy’ includes oral sex, but anal penetration with a finger is allowed under specified circumstances.
18. COLORADO: Male massage parlor workers must wear all white clothing.
19. ALAMABA: Incestuous marriages are legal.
20. NEW YORK: Adultery is illegal.
Check out the full list.
Jodie Gummow is a senior fellow and staff writer at AlterNet.